Implant Treatment for All-on-4® Hybrid Dentures in La Jolla
When is ‘All-on-4®’ hybrid dentures treatment required?
When all the teeth are missing on the upper or lower jaw, an overdenture is used. Traditionally, a full denture is held in the mouth by resting over the gums forming a seal within the gums. The denture is made of an acrylic plastic base that is colored to look like gum tissue, and it supports a full set of prosthetic teeth. Wearers remove their dentures for cleaning and while asleep at night.
It is very common for an overdenture to slip out of place while eating or speaking. Due to advanced dentistry, we have an alternative i.e. All-on-4® hybrid dentures. Instead of a removable overdenture, patients can wear a highly stable, bar-retained hybrid denture fixed on dental implants. This type of All-on-4® hybrid dentures does not cover the soft palate of the mouth, so eating becomes more comfortable. Biting strength is restored and wearers can eat their favorite foods. The denture never slips because it is firmly attached to your jawbone. And because the dental implants stimulate bone growth, the jawbone does not undergo bone resorption and your facial structure is maintained.
Is hybrid restoration a good option?
- Hybrid dentures preserve jawbone quality and bone density. In contrast, if you wear a removable denture, your bone will weaken and your facial structure will change, giving you a more aged appearance. A traditional overdenture will become ill-fitted due to bone recession and changes in the overlying gum tissue as it conforms to the new shape of the bone.
- Gum tissue irritation is eliminated because your denture never slips.
- You will no longer need to use messy adhesives to secure your denture in place.
- Since your new hybrid denture does not cover the roof of your mouth, you will be better able to enjoy your food!
- The strength of your bite will be increased; thereby, improving your health so that you can eat all the nutritious foods and drink more water without concern for loosening your denture.
- You will be able to clean your hybrid denture just like your natural teeth.
- Hybrid dentures fixed on dental implants last much longer than removable dentures that typically need to be relined or replaced within ten years.
- Hybrid dentures are durable, and they function like natural teeth.
How do you care for implant dentures?
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do hybrid dentures last?
If you take good care of your hybrid dentures, they should last indefinitely. They usually have a lifespan of about 5 to 8 years.
How painful is All-on-4® dental implants?
Many patients think getting All-on-4 implants is painful; however, it is a well-tolerated, minimally invasive out-patient procedure that takes about two hours per set in a dental office.
Which is better All-on-4® or All-on-6® dental implants?
The clear difference between ‘All-on-4’ and ‘All-on-6’ dental implants is the number of implants that are placed in the mouth. Some dentists believe that the All-on-6 dental procedure provides a stronger, stable base for the prosthetic dental arch, resulting in a long-lasting, more comfortable smile.