Invisalign and Clear Aligner Orthodontic Treatment La Jolla
What are clear orthodontic aligners?
Clear orthodontic aligners, also called invisible aligners, fixes misaligned or crooked teeth. They are virtually invisible and removable alternative to braces designed around convenience and flexibility. Clear aligners are an efficient and cost-effective treatment for crowded and gapped teeth, and even cure overbites and underbites.
What are the materials used for the fabrication of clear aligners?
Invisalign aligners look like teeth-whitening trays and are made of a thermoplastic and medical-grade material. Precisely they are made from multilayer aromatic thermoplastic polyurethane, making it strong but still moldable according to the patient’s face.Rather than being cemented or bonded to the teeth as metal or clear braces are, clear aligners are completely removable — for important purposes such as eating, and, most importantly, for tooth-brushing and flossing.
Why choose La Jolla for invisalign and clear aligner orthodontic treatment?
- During the first appointment, dentists at La Jolla will take X-rays, and digital scans or dental impressions to create a customized treatment plan.
- Using Invisible Aligner’s patented technology, the professional creates a customized 3D treatment plan based on dental records and estimates the period of the treatment.
- The customized aligners are custom-made.
- Your series of custom-made aligners will be given to you (typically 3-4 sets at a time) for you to wear every day, and change approximately every two weeks.
- The doctor calls the patient approximately after every 6-8 weeks to monitor your progress, and receive the next series of aligners.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are clear aligners as good as braces?
Clear aligners are for patients seeking a more unobtrusive orthodontic treatment than conventional braces, as they do not use brackets or wires. In general, orthodontic treatment using clear aligners is faster than with traditional braces.
Does Invisalign change your face shape?
Apart from giving straight teeth, Invisalign also can transform face structure, appearance, and profile too. A crooked tooth influences the shape of the face whereas an overbite could force your upper lip to swell. Invisalign helps in changing the overall appearance but only in a positive way.