Carefully following the below instructions will minimize pain, swelling and reduce the chances for infection and complications.
Immediately Following Surgery
- The gauze pad placed over the surgical area should be kept in place for at least an hour. After this, the gauze pad should be removed and discarded. It can be replaced hourly if desired.
- Vigorous mouth rinsing or touching the wound area following surgery should be avoided. This may initiate bleeding by causing the blood clot that has formed to become dislodged.
- Take the prescribed pain medications as soon as you begin to feel discomfort. This will usually coincide with the local anesthetic becoming diminished. Take all the medicines with food to avoid nausea.
- Place ice packs to the sides of your face where surgery was performed.
- Do not smoke! Smoking increases post-operative pain.
Call to Schedule a Complimentary Invisalign / Implant Consultation
Our staff is ready to answer all of your questions.